Garden Fresh Grilled Eggplant Salad
Keywords: grill salad vegetarian eggplant
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 small or 3 medium eggplants
- Kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large roasted red bell peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced whole scallions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Prepare eggplant by washing and cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices, then sprinkle with kosher salt, place on a large rack over a tray and allow to drain for 25 to 30 minutes.
Set grill to medium-hot.
Brush or drizzle and rub olive oil on eggplant slices, then set on hot grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turn slices and grill another 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove and put on cutting board and dice.
Get out a large salad bowl and put eggplant pieces in and add all the vegetables and toss to combine.
Drizzle in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and toss; then season with sea salt and pepper, toss again, taste, and adjust seasoning.
Top with the crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image: flickr user Rochelle, just rochelle , licensed by Creative Commons