This grilled garden salad is a great way to utilize your summer harvest.
Grilled Garden Harvest Salad
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 2 ears of corn, shucked, silk removed, washed
- 2 small summer (yellow) squash, washed and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 2 small zucchini, washed and cut lengthwise into thirds
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan Cheese for garnish
Bring grill to medium heat.
Put corn on grill and cook about 15 minutes, turning several times, until browned and tender; remove and set aside.
During the last 5 minutes, add the yellow squash and zucchini and grill about 5 minutes, turning over until charred evenly.
When corn is cool, cut kernels off cob with a sharp knife, into a big bowl.
Dice grilled zucchini and add to bowl with squash.
Add diced tomatoes to bowl.
Make dressing by whisking together the balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, garlic, chives, and basil, then pour into bowl with vegetables and toss together gently.
Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spoon out into individual salad bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Image: flickr user snowpea&bokchoi, licensed by Creative Commons