On a romantic picnic, bringing along fruit, which is in season at the farmers market, is both literally and figuratively a sweet option. This recipe is also a healthier option for dessert as it uses greek yogurt, sweetened with a bit of honey and coconut instead of pudding or another more sugary option. Pack the fruit in one container, and the dip in another, and you are ready for a sweet summer dessert on your romantic picnic!
Recipe: Hawaiian Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 cups organic greek yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- fresh fruit for dipping – melon, apple, strawberries, cherries, orange, peach, mango, papaya
- In a large bowl, combine greek yogurt and honey. With a spoon, stir in the pineapple, with the juice, and the coconut.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for at least thirty minutes for flavors to gel.
- Serve cold alongside fresh fruit for dipping.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6