Different legumes can be a lot of fun to work with. There are so many varieties that each have very specific taste and nutritional value. I usually begin playing around with bean variations from mid to late summer and into the fall and winter. They are warm, filling, and healthy for you. These options I present to you here today meat all of my qualifications to offer as a suitable dish for your healthy needs. They are indeed simple enough to make and very tasty. Keep in mind that you may use dry beans and saturate them on your own although for conveniences I will describe amounts in cans.
Three Bean Salad For Four
- 2 16oz. cans of black beans drained
- 2 16oz. cans of white cannellini beans drained
- 1 16oz. can of dark red kidney beans drained
- 1 16oz. can of light red kidney beans drained
- 1 16oz. can of garbanzo beans drained
- 1 lb. bag of cut green beans
- 1 large purple onion diced small
- 1 16oz. roasted red pepper drained and diced small
- ½ cup of minced bacon
- ¼ cup minced sweat sausage
- ¼ cup minced hot sausage
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
How To Make Healthy Three Bean Salad
The first thing you may want to do is combine your red pepper and onion and then distribute them into three even piles. In a large mixing bowl add the green beans, garbanzo beans, and kidney beans together. Add one of the piles of red pepper and onion to the bowl along with your white wine and sugar and set aside.
Now get another mixing bowl and place your black beans in it along with one of the last two remaining piles of red pepper and onion. Mix in with them the bacon and set aside.
In your last mixing bowl add your white beans and the last pile of red pepper and onion. Mix in with it both kinds of the sausage and the balsamic vinegar and set aside.
Now you have three different bean s that are tasty and healthy. They are great to serve with crostini or pita as an appetizer or as just a healthy snack. Enjoy and happy eating.