Recipe: Homemade Pie Crust
Summary: easy way to always have pie crust on hand, using organic flours
- 2 Cup Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Shortening
- 4 to 5 Tablespoons Ice Water
- Wax paper
- Freezer wrap
- Place the flour and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the shortening with a fork or with blender on pulse until mixture become crumbly.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the ice water at a time.
- After each addition, toss with a fork, or continue pulsing.
- Continue adding the ice water 1 Tablesppon at a time until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Dough should be moist enough to hold together but not sticky.
- Divide dough in half, and roll each half into a ball.
- Wrap each ball with wax paper, the with saran wrap
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
- When ready to use, bring to room temperature (overnight works well) and roll out as desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Image: flickr user cookbookman17, licensed by Creative Commons