Recipe: Mediterranean Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. piccolini (tiny penne) pasta
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli florets, broken into small pieces
- 1/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Fill large pot with cold water, making sure you have enough room for both the pasta and the broccoli florets.
- Bring to a boil and add pasta only.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then add the florets and cook for 1 minute longer, until the pasta is tender and the broccoli is just blanched.
- Drain well.
- In a large salad bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk until blended well and slightly thickened.
- Add the drained pasta and broccoli into the big bowl with the oil mixture, and toss to coat evenly.
- Taste and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- May be served warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image: flickr user megan.chromik, licensed by Creative Commons