This crescent roll-wrapped vegetable casserole is as easy as it is delicious. We’ve taken the original Kraft recipe and switched out the cheeses and crescent rolls for the reduced fat versions. We also substituted egg whites and Greek yogurt for half of the whole eggs and cream cheese to make it even healthier. Depending on how you slice it, this veggie-packed ring makes a delicious appetizer or vegetarian meal!
Baked Crescent Roll Vegetable Casserole
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 2 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese of your choice (recommended: cheddar, mozzarella, or a cheese blend)
- 3 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 8-oz. cans reduced fat refrigerated crescent rolls
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix egg/egg whites, cream cheese, Greek yogurt and cheese together in a large bowl. Stir in vegetables.
3. Unroll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Arrange in an 11-inch circle on a foil-lined baking sheet with the points of the triangles facing out (short sides should overlap in the center of the circle with a 5-inch opening).
4. Spoon cheese mixture into dough near center of circle. Bring points of triangle up over the filling, then tuck under dough in the center to cover it.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.