This simple recipe highlights the asparagus, and is a great side dish for any protein fresh off the grill.
Recipe: Roasted Asparagus Salad
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, woody ends removed, cut in half
- ½ Red Onion, cut into ½ thick wedges
- ½ Cup Black Olives
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Head of Lettuce
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the asparagus, onion, olives and lemon zest in a large bowl and gently toss with the olive oil to coat.
- Spread on baking sheet and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Combine the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice and whisk together with some salt & pepper. Toss the salad greens in enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves and gently fold in the roasted asparagus, onions and olives.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4