Another great recipe highlighting the ingredient of the day, spinach!
Recipe: Simple Stir-Fry Spinach
- 3 Teaspoon Oil, like safflower oil
- 1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Bags (12 oz total) Fresh Spinach
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a very large skillet, add cooking oil over medium-low heat.
- Add pine nuts and cook, shaking skillet gently, until just starting to brown a little, about 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and continue cooking, stirring constantly for 1 more minute.
- Turn heat up to medium and add spinach, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Toss spinach around in skillet for about 3 minutes or until it just starts to wilt.
- Add fresh basil leaves, tossing to combine, and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top of each serving if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image: flickr user FotoosVanRobin, licensed by Creative Commons