This is a great healthy snack alternative that is also inexpensive to make!
Recipe: Spicy Garbanzo Beans
Summary: great for snacking!
- 2 cans (15 oz size) garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get out a large baking sheet.
- Drain garbanzo beans, rinse, and drain well.
- Put garbanzo beans in bowl and pour olive oil in, tossing to coat the beans well.
- Spread garbanzo beans out on baking sheet.
- In small bowl, mix together the seasonings.
- Sprinkle 1/2 seasoning mixture evenly over garbanzo beans on baking sheet, shake beans to coat, then sprinkle remaining half of seasonings over beans, and shake again to coat.
- Put in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, shaking to mix up beans once during baking time.
- Garbanzo beans are done baking when they crisp up; adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image: flickr user jules:stonesoup, licensed by Creative Commons