Tarragon has a very unique, strong flavor – so try a little nibble before you purchase to make sure you like it! Basil, thyme, or oregano could also be substituted. Also, see what herbs are grown locally at your grocery store before purchasing.
Recipe: Spinach Salad with Tarragon
- 8 to 10 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 Strips Organic Bacon, diced and fried crisp, drained
- 2 Organic Eggs, hard cooked, and chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped, including the tops
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 Teaspoon Honey
- Put spinach in salad bowl, top with bacon, egg crumbles, and green onions.
- In separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over salad and serve immediately.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4