Green beans are one of the first vegetables to make it to the farmers market, and are freshest during May through October, although they are available year round. Yellow beans peak a little later in the year, but can still often be found in the grocery store, or sourced locally at the farmers market. This recipe can be made with whatever beans are available to you locally. This recipe is a great way to pack vegetables into any meal, and take full advantage of seasonal produce.
Recipe: Spring Vegetables
- 1 lb Green Beans, trimmed
- ½ lb Wax Beans, trimmed
- 1 Shallot, sliced
- 1 Bunch Carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ Cup Mint Leaves, julienned
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Toss the vegetables with the oil, salt & pepper, and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 12- 14 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle the fresh mint over the vegetables before serving.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Image: flickr user renecunningham, licensed by Creative Commons