Keep your local, farm fresh strawberries and peaches at hand all year long! This jam stores in the freezer!
Recipe: Strawberry-Peach Jam
- 1 Pint Fresh Strawberries (tops removed)
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Peaches
- 7 Cups Sugar
- 2 Packages (1 3/4 oz) Pectin*
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- Freezer Containers
- Crush the strawberries with a fork, or masher.
- Measure out 2 1/2 C strawberries and place in a separate bowl.
- Dice the peaches, and add the to the strawberries.
- Slowly add the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Place the cold water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pectin.
- Stir continuously until water begins to boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the water mixture into with the fruit.
- Stir well to combine.
- Continue stirring 4 minutes.
- Pour into the freezer containers and cover.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Freeze after 24 hours.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Jam will stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months. To use, remove from freezer and allow to come to room temperature, about 1 hour.
*Note, there are currently no organic pectin products on the market. Here is a recipe for homemade pectin.
Image: Flickr User joefoodie, Licensed by Creative Commons