This refreshing summer salad cooks up in no time, and takes full advantage of fresh produce. Don’t be afraid to load up on vegetables if you have more!
Recipe: Fresh Veggie Couscous Salad
Summary: Use whatever organic or local vegetables you have on hand for this delicious, easy recipe.
- 2 Cups Water or Broth
- 1 (10-ounce) Package Couscous
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Large Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Medium Zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4-ounce Feta Cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring water or broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous,
- cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff lightly and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir in cheese just before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Image: flickr user kochtopf, licensed by Creative Commons